QuickBooks POS: Customize Hang Tags
Today we are going to talk about how to customize your hang tag. Let’s begin:
- Go to “File” and “Tools”, then click “Print Designer”.
- On your Print Designer screen search “Intuit Hang Tag”, select “Options” then click “Copy Selected”.
- You are not going to modify Intuit Hang Tag because that is the default template, so you will make a copy of it in “Options” so that you always have the original one to go back to in case you screw up your copy.
- So, here’s the new Copy of Intuit Hang Tag.
- Here are all the default fields in Intuit Hang Tag.
- In customizing your hang tag, you can Add, Edit, and Delete fields on what your price tag you want to look like.
- On Editing the text and boarder of your field you just double-click on the fields you want to edit, after your finish editing click “Ok”.
- You might want to check your Barcode type if its “Code2OF5IL”. This is the type of Barcode that can be easily picked up by scanner.
- If you want to add Text Label, go to “Add” then select “text Label”.
- Type your desired text, select your justification, you can also change the font, then click “Ok”.
- You can also add data field or group of fields, just go to “Add” select “Data Field or Group of Fields”. Then you can now add data field on your price tag.
- This is now our finished Hang Tag.
- When things overlap in your hang tag, go to “Preferences” then unmarked “Snap overlapping objects to their edges”. Then click “Ok”.
- You can now “Save” your hang tag.
- Now, in order to use the Hang Tag.
- Go to “Item List” choose a few pieces of items, then click “Print Tags”.
- On your “Option” section choose the template of hang tag you create, unmarked the boxes, then select “Print”.